A medley of sweet berries topped with a simple oat crumble make this Vegan Mixed Berry Crumble an easy dessert that tastes just like summer!
I think the best part of making a crumble is that they literally take 5 minutes to throw together. I honestly sometimes forget what an easy dessert option they are! It’s been a pretty rainy summer in here in YYC, so I felt that some summer vibes were in order. Enter this: lazy, but oh so delicious, Vegan Mixed Berry Crumble!
I mean, a crumble is really just a pie that cuts the crap and gets straight to the good stuff, am I right? Don’t get me wrong, I love me some pie crust. But sometimes you just want what you came here for, the filling! Crumbles are perfect for getting straight to the point. A lil’ crumble topping is all ya need to satisfy that desire for crust! What’s great about this recipe is that the crumble topping is gluten free if you use cerified GF oats, so theres no gambling with GF flour trying to make an actual pie crust! Just slam your fruit down, throw some topping onto it and you’re good to go!
Served with some dairy free ice cream (obvs!) this is an amazing summer dessert! And even if its not summer, the use of frozen mixed berries means you can enjoy this treat year round!
- 4-5 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinammon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- Grease/spray a baking dish of your preference. I used a 9″ round dish, you could also use a cast iron skillet, or anything else of similar size
- To a large bowl (or you can do this in the pan you’re going to bake it in), add frozen mixed berries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Stir to combine all ingredients. Set aside while you prepare the crumble topping
- Add oats, oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to a bowl and stir until everything is well mixed
- Add in melted coconut oil and stir until it’s fully incorporated into oat mixture
- Add fruit mixture to your prepped pan if you prepped it in a separate bowl, spreading evenly
- Spoon the crumble mixture over top of the fruit
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crumble begins to brown a bit
- Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes. The fruit mixture will set during this time
- Serve warm (cold works too!), topping with vegan ice cream, whip cream, or yogurt
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!