These Vegan Funfetti Donuts are studded with rainbow sprinkles and topped with a sweet pink glaze! This is an easy recipe full of fun!
Hello, hello my friends. Funfetti – doesn’t it just scream, well, fun? This recipe is all sorts of fun! Donuts, rainbow sprinkles, how much more fun can you get? This recipe comes courtesy of the birthday of a very special Princess in my life.
No really, her name is Princess and she is very special! She turned 7 this year, and her big birthday this year called for a nice doggo dinner for her and her two brothers, and some treats for the humans, of course! And what else screams birthday treat than some funfetti!
We already know my case for donuts; they’re easy, very customizable, delicious, most of all, EASY! These donuts are adapted from the recipe for my Easy Vegan Coffee Cake Donuts, without the coffee cake-ness and with sprinkles. Yummy vanilla cake donut, loads of sprinkles, and yummy sweet glaze! If you’re like me and avoid food colouring as much as possible, you’ll enjoy the glaze, which gets is colour from raspberry jam! Whoot. The glaze isn’t the brightest Homer Simpson pink, but it’ll do!
It’s important to make sure your rainbow sprinkles are vegan, as unfortunately a lot of them out there are not! A quick Google search led to me many vegan brands or brands that offer vegan options – Wilton and Betty Crocker being a few, which are easy to find in stores! Just check ingredients
Next time you’re in the mood for a fun birthday tasting treat, make these!
Other donut recipes that are also fun:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flax + 3 tbs warm water)
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbs dairy free milk, unsweetened
- Heaping 1/2 tbs jam (use raspberry or strawberry for pink)
- Extra sprinkles for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Prepare a donut pan by greasing and flouring the wells (funfetti has the tendency to stick)
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbs ground flax with 3 tbs warm water. Set aside to thicken
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk, melted coconut oil, flax egg, and vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until combined
- Fold in the rainbow sprinkles
- Pour batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner cut off, and pipe into prepped donut pan
- Don’t over fill the wells, pipe around one circle in each well
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the donuts comes out clean and the donuts spring back when touched – 15 minutes was perfect for me
- Allow donuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove and continue to cool on a cooling rack
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and stir until fully combined. You may need to add a bit more milk if too thick, or some more icing sugar if too thin
- Dip cooled donuts into the glaze and top with more sprinkles if you’d like
- Allow glaze to set before stacking donuts on top of each other
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!