Two worlds collide in this amazing Vegan Coffee Cake Banana Bread! The decadence of cinnamon streusel takes this moist banana bread up a whole other level!
Okay guys. Let me start off by saying that this is a gooder. A real gooder. I love the idea of taking two f*cking delicious thing and smashing them together into something that is even more delicious! You just never know if two greats will make something greater. But coffee cake + banana bread? That combo is golden.
I must admit that the idea of combining banana with something cinnamon-y has always been a favorite of mine. I am guilty of sprinkling cinnamon on bananas on a pretty regular basis. And I don’t know about you, but I think the flavor combo is just SO freaking good
So that’s basically where the inspiration behind this recipe comes from. I had a bunch of bananas that were done – they had officially reached the end of their banana lives. Usually I just throw them in the freezer for smoothies, but I decided that this coffee cake banana bread fantasy that had been living in my head for a while needed to materialize.
And what came of it are these thick slices of moist banana bread, with cinnamon streusel strung throughout and on top. I mean, are you NOT drooling right now? This is one of those recipes that I just can’t even. I just can’t. It’s so good. It’s like an ultra indulgent upgrade to regular ol’ banana bread!
This has quickly become one of my new favorites. And if you love both coffee cake and banana bread, you’ll definitely love them together!
Are you team coffee cake OR banana bread? Leave me a comment down below!
- Banana Bread:
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (~1.5 cups)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbs ground flax + 6 tbs warm water)
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Streusel:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Grease and/or line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan
- For the flax eggs, combine ground flax and warm water in a small bowl, stir, and set aside to thicken
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and stir to combine
- In a large bowl, mash bananas using a fork or masher
- Add melted coconut oil and sugar to bananas and stir together
- Add in flax eggs, dairy free milk and vanilla extract and stir until combined
- Add dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together until fully incorporated
- Prepare the streusel topping by mixing all dry ingredients together (flour, brown sugar and cinnamon), then adding in melted coconut oil. Stir well until you have a course wet mixture
- Pour 1/2 of the banana bread batter into the pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel topping onto the batter
- Pour in the remaining banana bread batter, and top with the rest of the streusel. Pat down the streusel so it’s lightly embedded into the batter
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. I covered my loaf in tinfoil at about 40 minutes to prevent the top from overcooking
- Allow loaf to fully cool before removing from pan and slicing. Once cool, cut into 8 slices
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!
For similar deliciousness, check out:
- Vegan Coconut Banana Bread
- Vegan Blueberry Coffee Cake Loaf
- Ridiculously Easy Gluten Free Vegan Banana Oat Muffins
- Easy Vegan Coffee Cake Donuts
- Banana Cream Pie (V, GF)