Thick, chewy, and bursting with cashews, these Vegan Cashew Butter Oat Cookies are absolutely delicious! These are the perfect alternative to peanut butter cookies!
Move on over, peanut butter cookies. We’ve got a new favorite in town. I will be the first person to say that peanut butter cookies are a near perfect creation – but will be honest though, I am definitely more of a cashew person than a peanut person when it comes down to it. And cashew butter is just so dangerously delicious. This prompted me to contemplate how a cashew butter cookie would fair against a peanut butter cookie. And so begins the battle royal of nut butter cookies!
So, a couple cookie experiments later and we have these Vegan Cashew Butter Oat Cookies! And I can report that these cookies are so dang good! I decided to add oats to the mix to make these extra hearty and chewy. And since my Cashew Coconut Granola recipe, I have loved the pairing of cashews and oats so much it carried over into this recipe too! A little bit a’ oats never hurt nobody!
These are definitely not as decadent and indulgent as my Classic Peanut Butter Cookies, but they are equally as delicious! These cookies get a double dose of cashew goodness from both cashew butter and pieces of roasted cashews. They are the perfect cookie to snack on when ya need something a lil’ nutty and a lil’ sweet that’s chewy with a bit of crunch! With these cookies you’ve got the best of all worlds!
These are definitely a must try for any cashew lover!
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (I used quick oats)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, room temp
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup sugar (you can use white or brown – I used white)
- 4 tbs dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a medium bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) and stir to combine
- In a large bowl, mix together cashew butter and room temperature vegan butter using an electric or stand mixer (if your cashew butter is too hard or stiff, gently heat it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds)
- Add in sugar to cashew butter/butter mixture and continue to mix until combined and fluffy
- Add in dairy free milk and vanilla extract and mix once more
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet and mix until fully incorporated
- Fold in chopped cashew pieces
- Scoop dough balls of about 1 1/2″ round and flatten slightly with hands. These cookies won’t spread much at all, so the thicker you make them the thicker they’ll be!
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-13 minutes, or until edges are firm and bottoms are golden brown
- Transfer to wire cooling rack to finish cooling
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!