These classic vegan blueberry muffins are the perfect way to satisfy those pesky muffin cravings! Chia seeds add a bit of crunch and tonnes of nutrients to these amazing muffins.
Okay, okay I know, summer is over, but can we do just ONE more summer inspired recipe? The weather is pretty alright in YYC atm, so I think it’s fitting! Might as well make the best of the the last of this years blueberries, ’cause this is the final stretch before a tiny burst of fall turns into another full fledged Canadian winter. AUGH. If anyone in California wants to adopt me, I will bake for you. Pls. Save me.
AND it’s another classic; simple, satisfying, BLUEBERRY MUFFINS! I mean, can you really go wrong. I added chia seeds to these so that the blueberries could have another superfood friend, and BAM → Ya got ya’self some Vegan Blueberry CHIA Muffins.
This is my new go to blueberry muffin recipe. The contrast between the bursts of fresh bloobs and the crunch of the chia seeds is just 👌🏼. Too good. There’s a tiny bit of lemon in there too, for a bit of zing to go along with all that blueberry goodness. If you love blueberry muffins, (like really, find me one person that doesn’t), you’re gonna love these!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened (room temp. is best, to prevent the coconut oil from solidifying)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Grease and/or line a 12 cavity muffin tin and set aside
- Combine 1 cup dairy free milk and 1 tsp lemon juice and set aside until needed
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients (flour, chia seeds, baking powder, salt and baking soda) and stir to combine
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix until fully combined
- Add the dairy free milk and lemon juice mixture you prepped earlier to the coconut oil/sugar and stir to combine
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients, and gently stir to combine
- Fold in fresh blueberries (gently to avoid squishing!)
- Divide batter into prepared muffin tin
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!