Enjoy the amazing benefits of turmeric in this cooling drink that’s perfect for summer. This wholesome Vegan Iced Golden Milk Latte is a delicious and easy way to include turmeric in your diet!
Who else agrees that turmeric just SCREAMS health? Maybe it’s the bright orange coloring, but I can’t help but feel refreshed when turmeric is involved. Now that warmer weather is finally upon us in Canada-land, it’s time to bring on the chilled beverages! Heck yes. Time for all the iced coffee, iced tea, and iced golden milk!
Golden milk is pretty much the best health trend/fad to come about lately. While typically served warm, who’s to say you can’t enjoy your golden milk iced, too?
I thought at first that it may not work, the whole warming spices + ice, thing, but I was pleasantly surprised! It’s as wholesome as the warm version, while also being refreshing from the cold milk. I am sold! Who wouldn’t want to reap the ridiculously amazing health benefits of turmeric year round! What benefits, you ask? Read on, friend.
Ridiculously amazing health benefits of turmeric:
- Anti-inflammatory: Turmeric is most often touted for it’s tremendous anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to the active compound curcumin
- Antioxidant: Curcumin does double duty, being an antioxidant itself and also having the ability to boost the body’s ability to produce antioxidants!
- Vitamins and Minerals: A lot of people are unaware just how nutritious turmeric really is. It is full of vitamins and minerals like iron, vitamin B6, potassium, and copper. What!
- Brain health, heart/blood vessel health, digestive health, etc.
Basically, why would you NOT include this in your diet!? Especially in such an easy and delicious Iced Golden Milk Latte! For more turmeric goodness, check out my Carrot Orange Pineapple Detox Juice!
- 2 cups coconut milk, unsweetened (divided) – the refrigerated carton kind, NOT canned. Or any other plant milk from a carton you prefer
- 2-3 tbs maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness (Can sub agave)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder (or fresh ginger)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Crack of black pepper
- Optional: pinch of nutmeg or cardamom
- Begin by adding 1 cup of coconut milk to a blender
- Add maple syrup, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Don’t forget a crack of black pepper!
- Blend for 15-30 seconds until fully incorporated – blending will help with the grainy texture of the turmeric
- Split the remaining 1 cup of coconut milk between two glasses with as much ice as you prefer
- Pour half of the golden milk mixture into each glass (hello, ombre! – if you don’t care for the ombre look, add ALL the coconut milk to the blender in step 1, and pour over ice!)
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!