This delicious recipe for Healthy Blueberry Almond Granola is so incredibly easy, you’ll never go back to store-bought granola again! Vegan, gluten free, with no added oil or refined sugar!
Any one else agree that granola is one of those feel good foods that just never lets you down? I’ve been on the hunt for store-bought granola for a looong time now, but I am always disappointed when looking at the ingredients list. Some sort of oil and refined sugar are usually close to the top, and the calorie count is typically horrendous for a tiny little amount. What’s that all about?
I don’t know if I am just looking in the wrong places, but oil-free, crap ingredient free granola is not easy to come across in Calgary. I’m sure I could probably go to a health foods store and pay $273134 for a tiny bag of some, but I ain’t about to do that nonsense. So, as it goes so often here on SLC, I was determined to make my own granola that satisfied all my grocery store nutritional disappointments cost effectively!
This granola is gluten free, sweetened with a lil’ bit o’ maple syrup and dried blueberries, with almonds strewn about to add a delicious crunch. To up the almond factor even more, almond butter does the trick perfectly.
Pure Blueberry Almond Granola deliciousness.
Granola is my favourite in yogurt parfaits with berries, or more easily, by the fist full for a quick snack.
This granola is the perfect mix of crispy, crunchy, perfectly sweet goodness. No weird ingredients. All sorts of healthy deliciousness. And totally customizable. You’ll never need a store bought granola again!
For more blueberry filled recipes, check out these:
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped (I used a mix of raw and roasted)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries (try to get as natural/unsweetened as possible!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 °F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, almonds, dried blueberries, cinnamon, and salt, and stir to combine
- In a large bowl combine almond butter and maple syrup and stir together. Depending on how smooth/soft your almond butter is, you may need to heat it gently in the microwave until it’s mixable
- Add vanilla extract
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir until everything is well mixed and coated
- Spread the mixture onto the prepped baking sheet in one even layer
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the oats begin to turn golden brown. Gently stir once halfway through baking
- Allow the granola to cool – it will crisp up at this time
- Break super large chunks into smaller pieces and store in an airtight container
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!