This strawberry peach crumble is an incredibly easy and AMAZING summer dessert. Made vegan and naturally gluten free!
I don’t know about you guys, but I am seriously loving all these fruity summer sweets! Fruit desserts are pretty much my favourite thing right now. There’s nothin’ like capping off dinner with something light and fruity with the perfect amount of sweet in this warm weather.
I didn’t realize how much I love crumbles, crisps and the like until recently. Who knew that removing the crust of a pie and just bakin’ the damn insides would be so satisfying! Oh my. I’m pretty much sold on these crustless pies. Plus, they make for such a fantastic dessert on a warm summers night topped with a little coconut whip cream or non-dairy ice cream! Augh. Drooling.
You could use pretty much any fruit or combination of fruit you want, but the combo of juicy strawberries and lush peaches is absolutely amazing. Seriously. But don’t take my word for it! This is SO easy to make – all ya need is some strawbs and peaches, oats, some sugar, a little oil, and BAM, you’ve got yourself some delicious crumble. Mix, bake, scoop, eat → happy belly.
By using coconut oil and oat flour as opposed to the butter and flour that is typically used in crumbles, this recipe is vegan AND gluten free. Score! It’s perfect warm, right out of the oven, and even cold (srsly, don’t knock it till you try it). What’s also great is that measurements need not be perfectly accurate either. You can totally adjust to your liking.
So give this recipe a try! No summer is complete without copious amounts of crumble. I’d love to hear what your guy’s favourite fruit(s) to use in crumbles are!
- 3 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Grease/spray a baking dish of your preference. I used a smaller casserole dish, you could also used a pie dish, cast iron skillet, 8" x 8" pan, or anything else of similar size
- To a large bowl (or you can do this in the pan you're going to bake it in), add peaches, strawberries, sugar and cornstarch. Stir to combine all ingredients. Set aside while you prepare the crisp topping
- Add oats, oat flour, brown sugar and salt to a bowl and stir until everything is well mixed
- Add in melted coconut oil and stir until it's fully incorporated into oat mixture
- Add fruit mixture to your prepped pan if you prepped it in a separate bowl, spreading evenly
- Spoon the crumble mixture over top of the fruit
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes
- Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes. The fruit mixture will set during this time
- Serve warm (cold works too!), topping with vegan ice cream, whip cream, or yogurt
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!