Chock full of vitamins and minerals, this Carrot Orange Pineapple Detox Juice is a delicious dose of health! Easy to make with no juicer required!
The beginning of 2019 is in full swing! And at this time of year especially, health is at the forefront of a lot of people’s brains. January is a month of creating new, awesome habits, and getting rid of old, sh*tty ones. For those of you looking for a delicious way to up your fruit and vegetables, increase your water intake, etc., I got you. This easy juice recipe is simply the best thing ever!
Not only is this juice absolutely delicious, it screams health with it’s vibrant orange colour. Carrot juice and orange juice form the base of this concoction, with pineapple chunks and a dash of turmeric for an anti-inflammatory punch capable of assaulting all of your body’s inflammatory culprits.
I admit, I’ve never really been much of a “juice” person. I’ve always been a little more inclined to smoothies. The whole “but smoothies have fibre, blah blah, etc etc” argument, has always influenced by bias against juice. That, and the fact that juicers are hella expensive and hella huge. And I just don’t need those kind of hella’s in my life. So, no juice for me. UNTIL, I REALIZED..
YOU CAN, IN FACT, JUICE, WITHOUT A JUICER.
Mind blown. Now I am making this juice with my blender excessively often and it’s fantastic and I am slowly becoming a “juice” person. What’s even greater about this is that you don’t even need a ridiculous $17,000, warp speed blender to partake in this juicing sorcery. I just use my Nutri Ninja blender and it does exactly what I need it to do. See the directions below to learn how you too can juice all the things. As for the lack of fibre argument, I solve that issue by adding a bit of ground flax seed to the juice.
Basically, this juice has got:
1. Pure carrot juice: Vitamin A, B, C, D, E (f, g, h, i, j..ust kidding) & Vitamin K. Great for your eyes, your immune system, your metabolism and your overall greatness
2. Pure orange juice: Vitamin C, obviously. Antioxidant strongman of sorts. Does a plethora of nice things to your body
3. Pineapple: More Vitamin C, also an antioxidant strongman, anti-inflammatory crusader, contains the enzyme bromelain, which is also all sorts of awesome
4. Turmeric: Basically the GOAT. Anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-arthritic, anti-depressant, anti-pretty-much-everything bad in the body. If you have an issue, there is a good chance that turmeric will benefit you. If you don’t have an issue, turmeric will help you keep it that way
5. Flax: High in omega-3 fatty acids, great for digestion, blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease, etc. Another nutritional superhero that has a stupid amount of health benefits to not not include in your diet
With all that being said, this is basically a delicious glass of hydrating detoxification. I personally love this first thing in the morning. It’s also great when you’ve had a long and/or rough night and need a boost, in the form of a proverbial kick in the ass.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and it becomes one of your new healthy habits for the year!
- 3 medium carrots (OR, 1 cup of carrot juice)
- ~3 large oranges (OR, 1 cup of pure orange juice)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks (fresh is good too, frozen will make it nice and cold!)
- 1 tbs ground flax
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of black pepper (don’t skip this, it helps the turmeric do its thing in the body!)
- Peel and chop carrots
- Add to your blender with enough cold water to a bit less then halfway up the carrots
- Blend until you have a smooth carrot mixture
- Add the mixture to a cheesecloth or nut milk bag
- Squeeze as much of the liquid out of the carrot mixture – this should give you just about 1 cup of juice
- Save the pulp for something else!
- Juice approximately 3 large oranges – I do this old school, just by cutting in half and squeezing the juice out manually, if available use a citrus juicer
- Add the carrot juice, orange juice, pineapple chunks, flax, turmeric & black pepper to a blender
- Enjoy, and feel the health!
Add a small nub of fresh ginger for extra immune boosting powers!
*Blender made Carrot Juice adopted from The Nourishing Gourmet
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!