These coconut almond bliss balls are the perfect bite sized treat! Made with simple and wholesome vegan ingredients, these require no baking and contain no gluten or refined sugar!
Hello, friends! I hope everyone is gearing up for an awesome New Year’s celebration. Not only is this recipe an incredibly easy any time snack to whip up, it is also the perfect addition to all kinds of finger food-y party platter things. When you don’t know what the feck to contribute to the communal party foods offering, bring some of these!
This recipe is super simple but is soooo satisfying. Seriously. These bliss balls have got the perfect ratio of sweet and crunch with a hint of chocolate. And they only need 7 ingredients. 7 healthy ingredients, in fact. Coconut flour and almonds serve as the base for these balls, while coconut oil and almond butter bring it all together. Basically, coconut and almond are BFFs in this recipe. Lastly we’ve got some maple syrup to sweeten ’em up and a little cocoa to make them chocolatey. That’s it! Amazing, right?
Each of these little thangs is packed full of healthy fats from the almonds and coconut. I’ve been pretty obsessed with almonds lately, so these are the perfect snack to fuel my addiction. And, since the vitamin and mineral content/general health benefits of almonds are just ridonkulous, these are a delicious treat that are also healthy. YUM! The name ‘bliss‘ balls is just so fitting.
Fast. Easy. Nutritious. Delicious. What more do you need in a snack? The convenience of bliss balls is just the best, too. Throw a few in a bag and into the purse/backpack/glove compartment you go. Yep, I confess – I am an avid adult snack packer. I basically turn into a grumpy baby and throw all kinds of temper tantrums if I’m out and foodless for too long. These are the perfect solution! Bliss balls = no hangry = life is good.
Enjoy, friends! And a very Happy New Year!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- Optional Toppings:
- Shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Slivered almonds
- Place all the bliss ball ingredients in a food processor and process until combined
- If the mix is dry, add a little water so it holds together (you don't want a super wet mixture, it should hold together when pressed in your fingers)
- Scoop about 1 tbs of the mixture and roll in your hands to form a ball
- In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients and stir to combine
- Dip each bliss ball into the glaze
- Optional: Roll the glazed portion of the ball into shredded coconut or slivered almonds if you desire
- Place into fridge to cool and solidify glaze, and store in fridge until ready to eat
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!