These may just be the easiest Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies ever! Made with no gluten or oil, these chickpea chocolate chip cookies are simple, delicious and a healthier alternative to regular cookies!
I’m not going to lie.. I was skeptical about testing out a “bean-y, legume-y” dessert type recipe. I have never experimented with the black bean brownie trend or anything like that, so I really didn’t know what to expect. It was one of those things where all the elements summed together in my head didn’t really give me much hope. Chickpeas + chocolate chips = cookies of some sort? HUH. Idk, people, idk.
But, I gave in and decided to give it a try. The chickpea cookie experimentation was happenin’. And I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome! I am officially sold on the inclusion of beans and legumes in desserts.
These cookies are legit my new fave. They hit the spot when a choco-chip craving creeps up and are much more macronutrient friendly than the average chocolate chip cookie. Chickpeas and oats form the base of the cookies, so they’re naturally gluten free. AND, there is no added oil used in this recipe. What what. AND, they’re literally the easiest thing ever. Throw all the ingredients into a blender or food processor, stir in the chippy’s, pop ’em in the oven and you’re pretty much done. Freshly baked cookies are only a few minutes away.
These are great when you’re in a pinch and just gotta get in a cookie fix. With only 7 ingredients, this simple recipe is perfect for any chocolate chip cookie lover!
More chocolate chip recipes:
- 1 Bowl Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Easiest Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf
More cookie recipes:
- Classic Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 Bowl Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Planet Organic Cosmic Cookies
- Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Coconut Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (398mL or 15 oz)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a high power blender or food processor, process chickpeas until there are no whole pieces/chunks (if your equipment has trouble doing this, add the maple syrup to the chickpeas, the liquid will help the it blend)
- If your food processor/blender is powerful and big enough, you can add all remaining ingredients and process/blend until smooth
- If not add chickpea puree to a bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine
- Fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tbs) scoop dough onto prepped cookie sheet, and flatten using your fingers or the back of a spoon (these cookies won't spread)
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until edges are golden and bottoms begin to brown
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before devouring
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!