This easy granola recipe is full of crunchy cashew and coconut clusters! This healthy granola is vegan, gluten free, and contains no added oil or refined sugar!
Hello friends! Hope you all are doin’ well!! You’re week is about to get better with this recipe for this healthy, delicious, Cashew Coconut Granola! Inspo for this recipe comes from those giant bags of Nature’s Path granola of a similar variety that Costco sells. That stuff is so dang good! But I can’t help but be less than impressed with it containing added oil. Necessary? As I said in the post for my Healthy Blueberry Almond Granola recipe, I don’t understand a lot of the ingredient choices in store bought granola.
So here we are, recreating a version with awesome ingredients that is just, if not MORE, delicious! Without the added oil and refined sugar! If you ensure that the oats you use are certified gluten free, then you’ll have yourself a batch of freshly cooked granola that is vegan AND gluten free! Now that’s the way granola should be! Plus, making granola at home means you can totally customize it to your own liking!
My first couple batches of this stuff were gone in no time. It’s addicting! The nuttiness of the cashews and cashew butter goes so well with the coconut flakes. I recommend using flakes/chunks of coconut as apposed to shredded, as shredded coconut will fall away from the clusters and settle in a pile at the bottom when you store it.
There is so much going on in this granola! We have the crunchy cashew butter laced clusters of course, a slew of whole cashews, and a tonne of coconut flakes. Sweetened with maple syrup, this granola isn’t overly sweet and sugary like most store bought varieties, and the ever so slight tinge of maple takes it over the top! I love personally love a little bowl of this granola as an after dinner snack. All the crunch, chewiness and the tad of sweet makes for a perfect little treat!
This is some serious deliciousness. Enjoy, friends!
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashews, raw
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut, flaked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 °F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, cashews, cinnamon, and salt, and stir to combine
- In a large bowl combine cashew butter and maple syrup and stir together. Depending on how smooth/soft your cashew butter is, you may need to heat it gently in the microwave until it’s mixable
- Add vanilla extract to the wet ingredients and stir
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir until everything is well mixed and coated
- Spread the mixture onto the prepped baking sheet in one even layer
- Bake in preheated oven for about 18 minutes, or until the oats begin to turn light golden brown around the edges (begin monitoring at ~15 minutes if your oven runs warmer)
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the coconut over top of the granola, and place back into the oven for 2-4 more minutes
- Allow the granola to cool fully on the baking sheet. It will continue to harden while it cools
- Break large chunks into smaller pieces and store in an airtight container
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!