A crispy exterior paired with chewy, chocolatey oats make these easy vegan double chocolate oatmeal cookies simply irresistible!
The statement “I’ve never met a cookie I didn’t like” is one that, on first glance, I’d probably agree with. But after some careful consideration (aka, a brief daydream about well, cookies – I recommend at least one per day to achieve maximal life happiness), I’d have to disagree…
I’ve realized I’m actually veeery picky when it comes to cookies.
Too dry? Nope.
Too chewy? Nope.
Too crunchy? Nope
Fall apart in my hand? Nope
Fall apart on the way to my mouth? Oh for f – – – sake.
On top of that, they better taste good too.
Luckily, these cookies pass the tests – all off the tests. And I’ll have you know, I put my cookies through an exhausting taste testing process. Like, it’s exhausting taste testing soo many cookies. I don’t know why I give myself such hard tasks 😅.
But for real, oatmeal, chocolate x2, vegan, in cookie form, how can you go wrong?
And, they’ll fool all them non-vegan skeptics.
Did I mention these bad boys clock in at under 110 calories each? *does victory dance*
Get in on this deliciousness. Go! Go now!
A few notes about this recipe:
- I used rolled oats, but you could use quick oats as well
- Experiment with mix-ins! Chopped walnuts are especially deeeelish, + an excellent way to sneak some extra omega-3’s into your cookies. Therefore, you can justify eating more cookies – you’re welcome
- I used cane sugar and golden yellow sugar, but good old white and brown work too
- I used Silk Original Unsweetened Cashew Milk as my dairy free milk of choice
- The chocolate chips I used for these cookies are Camino Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
If you dig these cookies, I’d love to see your creations! Use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa on social media so I can peep all the yumminess!