The powerhouse of all cookies = cosmic cookies! Packed full with tonnes of nutritious ingredients, these make the perfect any time snack!
These cookies are one of my absolute favourite cookies, ever. No joke. If you’ve never had cosmic cookies from Planet Organic/Mrs. Greens you’ve seriously been missing out. Thankfully, the recipe for these cookies has been made widely available so I wanted to share it with you guys! This recipe is right from the makers themselves, and is one of many awesome recipes featured in the Planet Organic Market Cookbook!
This cookie is packed full of, well, basically everything. Oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, raisins, etc. So much stuff – and it all works so well together, and leaves you feeling satisfied. So many flavours, textures, and a buttload of nutrients! Ah, that makes me so happy. A nutrient dense, filling cookie that tastes better then all the junky cookies out there. Thank you, cookie gods, thank you.
I love these. Have I told you that already? What’s even more awesome-er about these is that you can totally switch things up to your liking and still end up with a delicious, healthy cookie. Adding some vegan protein powder, nut butter, or other dried fruits or nuts is a great way to customize!
I still can’t quite figure out the name, though. I guess they kinda have a cosmic look to them if you stare at them long enough. Maybe they’re “cosmic cookies” because they’re just so good, they’re out of this world? Hey, works for me! This recipe makes biiiiig cookies, and a lot of them, but trust me – they won’t last very long!
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 3/4 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup neutral vegetable oil (I used grapeseed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mat
- In a large bowl, combine and stir all dry ingredients together
- In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients and stir together
- Add wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined, taking care not to over mix
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly if you wish
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, rotating cookie sheets part way through baking
This recipe is from Planet Organic Market
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!